PLEASE help thy neighbor today. “EZ Pound of Ground” fundraiser launched by local farms & ranches to aid West Marin’s Porrata-Powell family. The mother Alex Porrata, who I went to high school with, is struggling to make ends meet after the unexpected death on February 2nd of her husband Roneil Powell. This happened just weeks after their 4-year-old son EZ (Zeke) was diagnosed with a rare form of cancer. Mother and children are being put through a series of tests of courage and character that will make you question everything you know to be true.
To help a few of us Victorian Farmstead, Tara Firma Farms and BN Ranch have launched the “EZ Pound of Ground” Fundraiser (details below), with 100% of proceeds supporting the Roneil Powell Memorial Fund.
Mother and children are being put through a series of tests of courage and character that will make you question everything you know to be true.
– Adam Parks, Victorian Farmstead
The Fundraiser: An “EZ Pound of Ground” Beef or Turkey for $20
My local business Victorian Farmstead has partnered with Tara Firma Farms and BN Ranch to raise money for this family in a way that EVERYONE can participate in.
- VF and TF are each putting 100 one pound packs of ground beef up for sale for $20 each available now. BN Ranch is adding in in 100 one pound packs of ground turkey available starting in a week.
- 100% of this money will go to Alex and her kids.
- You can make your purchase at the Victorian Farmstead new butcher shop new Community Market in Sebastopol. Or, starting February 8th, stop by any of our farmers markets (details on right hand side of this website).
- If you want to help and we are either sold out or you would like turkey, we will give you an IOU card for your $20 this weekend. All you have to do is ask for a “pound of ground for Alex”
- You can also pay online and recieve an IOU via our PAYPAL
OR Make a Direct Donation to the Roneil Powell Memorial Fund
Tax-exempt donations benefiting the Powell-Porrata family can also be made at www.ezpowell.org, or at any Wells Fargo branch by referencing the Roneil Powell Memorial Fund. Please denote “Gift Donation” on your transaction. The Federal Taxpayer ID # for the memorial Fund is: 46-4722983.
Additional Background Reading
Help Bodega Bay Commercial Crabbers | Donations Deeply Appreciated. Thanks Community For Sharing!
[closed] 100 Pounds Of Meyer Lemon Abundance For Donation
Holiday Donations For Svdp Sonoma | Grange Credit Union Drop Point
Semi-loads Of Fire Relief Supplies From Stockton | Need High-volume Drop Points & Volunteers Saturday 9/19
Big Harvest At Laguna Farm This Week | Extra Csa Boxes Available!
Holistic Planned Grazing And Soil Health Workshop At Pepperwood March 12th And 13th
Pls Read And Share| Magic Meg From The Press Democrat Digs In, Interviews Cropmobster Traders And Supporters
2016 Sonoma County Food Forum