Honors & Awards
- 2014 Red Cross “Real Heroes” Humanitarian Award (Gary Cedar & Nick Papadopoulos, Co-Founders)
- 2014 US Congressional Honors, Environment for “Creating the CropMobster platform for the Benefit of All”
- 2014 United Nations Delegate: UN Foundation, Global Accelerator Forum
- 2014 CA Food Waste Roundtable Board Member: CA Governor’s Office
- 2013 Grand Prize Winner: “Company Most Likely to Change the World” (Sierra Nevada Startup Challenge)
- 2013 First Place Winner: “Most Innovative Product, Food & Agriculture” (Sierra Nevada Startup Challenge)
Gary Cedar, Co-Founder (CEO)
Gary’s personal passion for creative problem solving related to technology, sustainability and renewable resource solutions inspired him to create CropMobster with his close friend Nick. By leveraging social media and instant alerts CropMobster is able to spread the word quickly about local surplus from any supplier in the food chain, help local businesses recover costs and connect our community in new and fun ways. Our primary vision is to change the world “one alert at a time”.
Nick Papadopoulos, Co-Founder
Nick Papadopoulos has spent many years as a consultant, project manager and business leader focusing on one objective — how to facilitate the transformation of businesses, teams and communities for meaningful and measurable results. He has worked and volunteered in a variety of settings, from grassroots community organizing and public policy projects to managing strategic and cause-related projects for major global companies and associations. Nick is currently the General Manager at his family farm Bloomfield Organics.
Jonna Cedar, Co-Founder
Joanna’s mission is to provide a modern technology and social media platform for food businesses and organizations of all sizes to facilitate positive social & environmental change. When Gary approached Joanna with his and Nick’s concept for CropMobster, their ideas immediately fell into line with her passion for food, community service, health and education.