SomaRosa Farms, the leading supplier of medicinal cannabis to CannaCraft, is looking for family farmers and landowners to participate in our Community Cannabis Farming Program for 2018 and beyond.
Our vision is to harness California’s legalization of cannabis to be a positive force that helps empower sustainable food production, local agriculture and solutions to other community challenges.
We are particularly excited to collaborate with family farmers interested in: solid additional income from the cannabis sector, staying focused on diverse, local food/ag production, and having peace of mind that a professional cannabis management company is doing everything else.
How It Works
- You provide qualified one acre or less plots into a long-term contract with our family-owned company.
- We pay excellent and consistent monthly revenue and are responsible for all other aspects from permitting and compliance to security, insurance and more.
- As a cannabis management company we do all the farming similar to a professional vineyard or orchard management service.
Our Focus & Criteria
- Partners: We are looking for reliable partners with available farming land
- Zoning: Properties zoned for legal cannabis cultivation and permitting (Example: Sonoma County Zones: DA, LEA, LIA – See Ag Commissioner Zoning Page ).
- Existing Farms & Food Production: Major bonus if you are committed also to growing food for our community!!! As much as possible over the long term we want this program to deliver a positive impact for small farmers who want to earn solid, dependable income stream while continue supplying food and other agricultural products to the local community.
- Counties & Geography: We are focusing on Sonoma, Mendocino, Humboldt & The Greater Sacramento Region although we will welcome inquiries from throughout California.
- Growing Conditions & Infrastructure: Qualifying operations will have great cannabis cultivation conditions with plenty of sunlight and good soil. Locations with existing infrastructure will earn a premium. However, we are also willing to invest in infrastructure for the right partners and properties.
Let’s Grow Together – Please Contact Us!
If you are interested in this opportunity please message us with a description of interest that factors in the above items as best as possible.
Important: Please include phone #, address, county and if possible zoning/parcel number of your property.
For inquiries that meet our initial qualifications we will then reach out to you to schedule face-to-face meetings, discussions with other farmers we are already collaborating with, and tours of your land (as well as our world-class facilities).