We are hiring a full time Farm Hand at Tara Firma Farms in south Petaluma.
Seeking full-time help for sustainable husbandry farm with a farm store and CSA.
We are looking for someone with a positive attitude who is responsible, hardworking and self-motivated. Love for the animals and care for the land’s well-being are essential! The position requires attention to detail among the many tasks involved in helping to run the farm. Responsibilities are varied and will include:
- General animal husbandry including care for poultry, pigs, cows, Turkeys, goats, and potentially other animals.
- Feeding, watering, and moving livestock and potentially chicken houses
- Sunrise or sunset hours. Position will include opening and/or closing farm animals, hours change with time of sunrise and sunset.
- Egg collecting, washing, and packaging
- Some assistance with light construction
- Enclosures, fencing and fence repair
- Must be comfortable working with electric fences
- Open to filling in at the farm store
- Help with regular public events
- Loading and unloading of farm vehicles
- Loading animals into trailers.
- Operating farm equipment including tractors.
- Property maintenance: clearing brush, mowing etc…
- Electronic communications and task management
- Regular, timely communication with the farm crew
- Odd jobs/ tasks that come up
– have a valid California driver’s license
– high school diploma or equivalent
– be able to lift and carry up to 50-60 lbs. This is a physical job and you need a strong back!
– work weekends and some holidays
– have some animal care experience. Bonus for experience with Pigs.
– be aware and gentle with animals
– work independently
– see tasks to completion
– good communication skills
– be able to multitask
– handle stressful situations in a peaceful and compassionate way.
–Proficient in English
Pay is negotiable, depending on experience and availability. Would love someone with experience but open to fast learners. There will be a trial period to determine if the fit is right. potential of Living quarters down the road in a communal setting (including Internet and utilities) needs to be negotiated. We are open to the public on the W/E , you are welcome to come take a free tour Saturday and Sunday at noon, and check us out. To apply: please email your resume with 3 job references to Jen:
We will be interviewing for the position starting on May 1st.
Send A Message
You must be logged in to message traders. Please login to contact the alert owner.