This alert has been closed and is no longer available.
Join us at Live Oak Farm for a workshop with Ryath Beauchene on how to grow your own mushrooms. Ryath has been foraging, cultivating, studying, and cooking mushrooms for nearly a decade; he is well-versed in the at-home and commercial techniques for growing mushrooms and is happy to support others in acquiring these skills.
- You will learn about the life cycle of mushrooms, the role mushrooms play in ecosystems -including gardens and farms- and how to incorporate a variety of materials, preparations and techniques for growing mushrooms indoors and outside. Our main focus will be inoculating oak logs with a variety of Mushrooms and learning a quick and easy way to grow oyster mushrooms on straw. You will also leave with an oyster mushroom starter kit so you can put your new skills to use.
- $50 suggested donation, no one will be turned away due to lack of funds. For reservations →https://www.eventbrite.com/e/grow-your-own-mushrooms-tickets-32545419225?aff=es2
- Where: Live Oak Farm at 1030 Lohrman lane in Petaluma. From 10am to 2pm
- We will provide water, a light snack, tools and materials.
- Please bring a notebook, close-toed shoes, gloves, work clothes, a water bottle and a snack if you’d like.