Are you interested in using prescribed fire as a management tool? Are you curious about options for planning and implementing prescribed fire projects on your land? If so, this workshop is for you!
This workshop is designed for landowners and land managers, and anyone else who is interested in learning more about using prescribed fire on private lands in California.
- Fire ecology of the North Coast
- Using prescribed fire to manage California rangelands
- Prescribed burn associations: a model for private lands burning
- Thoughts from Dean Hunt, Humboldt County rancher and President of the Humboldt County Prescribed Burn Association
- Prescribed fire permitting and legal considerations
- Air quality and smoke management
- Burn planning: developing a prescription, environmental considerations
- Funding opportunities for prescribed fire
- A vision for prescribed fire in Sonoma County
This event is $15 and includes workshop materials, lunch and refreshments.
The workshop will be led by cooperative extension staff in collaboration with local non-profits and agencies.