Healthy Roots Nutrition Educator Job Description
The School Garden Network (SGN) is dedicated to promoting and supporting sustainable garden and nutrition-based learning programs in K-12 schools throughout Sonoma County. For more information visit us at www.schoolgardens.org.
SGN is looking for an experienced, energetic and enthusiastic Garden Nutrition Educator with the passion and experience to provide fun and inspiring hands-on nutrition education and cooking classes to elementary school students at school garden sites. Through the Healthy Roots program, the Nutrition Educator will increase student exposure to the benefits of local, seasonal crops while raising parent awareness of how to purchase and prepare these crops for their families.
- Provide 30 garden-based Healthy Roots nutrition education classes ·
- Provide 2 Family Nutrition Workshops ·
- Communicate & coordinate with teachers, school administrators, and SGN staff ·
- Administer surveys, enter data, report findings ·
- Track program by documenting progress in shared server ·
- Report to supervisor monthly ·
- Provide quarterly program reports to program supervisor ·
- Attend Board meeting once per year to report on program ·
- Attend occasional Healthy Roots fundraisers and meetings
Desired Qualifications: ·
- Commitment to, and enthusiasm for, the mission of SGN ·
- Experience working with kids in the outdoors, garden, cooking ·
- Basic knowledge of gardening and local, seasonal crops ·
- Excellent communication skills ·
- Organized, self-starter, with ability to work independently ·
- Must have a valid CA Driver’s License and personal vehicle available for job
This is a part-time (100 hour) contract position that will run from late July 2017-June 2018. $35/hour plus, gas mileage reimbursements.
There is a quick turnaround on hiring for this position, as we want to train the new educator in time for the new school year. Training is planned for the last 2 weeks of July.
To Apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to email@example.com
Deadline for Applications: June 30, 2017.
Send A Message
You must be logged in to message traders. Please login to contact the alert owner.